Saturday, 11 June 2016

Debenhams Homeware Haul


Debenhams Kitchen Homewares

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before on my blog (I definitely have on Twitter) but my fiancé & I are currently in the process of buying our first home together (aaaah!). We're buying a new build so won't be moving until the end of August but that hasn't stopped me from becoming obsessed with homeware & furniture & decoration.

We love the layout of our new home - with its spacious kitchen-diner, cosy living room & three bedrooms - but my major worry is that it'll feel totally characterless, after all it's essentially just a collection of white boxes. The reality is that most of our homeware will be bought from IKEA, & while I love reasonably-priced, mass-produced Swedish-inspired design, there's no denying that it can be a little bland. So, I've committed to spend the months before we move picking up some more personal pieces to make sure the house feels like a home, our home.

Today I thought I'd share some items with you which I picked up in the recent (& still on-going) Debenhams home sale to give you a sense of the style we're going for & maybe even inspire you to give your space a little makeover this Summer.

Joseph Joseph Measuring Cups and Spoons

I've had my eye on this set of measuring spoons & cups from Joseph Joseph for a while now so I couldn't resist picking them up. I love cooking & often use US recipes, so having the cup measurements on there is great & I love the fact that they stack & stand meaning you can have them on the counter rather than rattling about in a drawer.

Denby Azure Coast Bowl Logo
Denby Azure Coast Bowl

Denby are probably best known for super traditional tableware but some of their new ranges are way more adventurous than you'd expect & super stylish. I love the slightly rustic look of this bowl from the Azure Coast line & while there's no way I can afford all our tableware to be Denby I think it looks cute as a stand-alone piece, maybe for snacks or on display somewhere around the house.
 
Rocha John Rocha Marble Mango Wood Cheese Cake Stand

This Rocha John Rocha marble & mango wood cheese/cake stand is such a frivolous purchase but I love the idea of using it to serve food when people come round for dinner, or having it on display in the kitchen.

Royal Doulton Fable Plate

I'm not normally fan of bold prints but this Royal Doulton plate won my heart instantly. I love the Scandinavian feel of the design & it has sentimental value too as my late Grandmother worked for Royal Doulton as a painter for almost all her life - she would have hated the fact this was machine rather than hand printed but it still feels like a nice tribute to her.

Jasper Conran Copper Juicer

Like with the measuring cup set, I picked up this copper juicer because it's both practical & aesthetically pleasing. Our current juicer is super small, so I like that this one is easily large enough to hold the juice for a lemon drizzle cake or lime cheesecake, plus it'll look great contrasted against our dark grey counters.

I'll definitely be picking up a few more pieces before we finally move so let me know if you'd like to see another of these posts. I'd also be keen to know your favourite homeware stores - leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved